Pages

April 16, 2012

Clausura


This year has not been all fun and games, but you might not get that impression from this post.

I just recently wrapped up the second round of computer classes. So it was time again for a graduation party for my students. Last Friday afternoon I had 13 students graduate and celebrated with a short program and cake. There has to be cake. Most of the kids signed up again for the next level of classes. One kid’s father joked that I should just stay and get my girlfriend to move down here. I posted some pictures of the event.

Then on Saturday I got to check something off my list of things to do in Honduras. I was invited to go to a professional soccer game. A rivalry game no less, between Marathon from San Pedro Sula and Motagua from Tegucigalpa. It was awesome to be in a stadium full of people who are really into the game, something I hadn’t experienced in the States before. We sat next to the Marathon section that was constantly singing team songs, chanting, or just making noise. Unfortunately Marathon lost. Hope to get a chance to go again.

This week I will be registering students for my final trimester. Plus working on the seemingly never ending list of computer problems to solve.


Thanks for reading